Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cowboy Chic

I should have seen it coming...like a lone cowboy on his horse just appearing over the horizon. The Cowboy Chic design is making a strong comeback right now due to the recent release of the movie 'True Grit'. It's all about horses, hides, and having that all American, western look and feel.


Mt. Shadows traditional home office
Love this clean, traditional look above. This style can have so many looks and variables to fit your own personal preference.

It all begins with using earth tones, rustic textures, and rugged accessories. What is nice about this style is that it can fit into your existing decor with minor touches while not having to do a complete overhaul. Accessories can make a big impact. Try picture frames with leather or barn siding, a cowboy hat hanging on a hook, or find creative uses for horseshoes, spurs, and/or stirrups. 



I am into the Farmhouse style, myself, and can easily incorporate the cowboy look and feel if desired. In our pickin' travels, we have recently acquired cowboy and horse items. I went ahead and put them into our country store, OldTimePickers.



I may need to rethink that! How about you? Would you consider Cowboy Chic?


Have a pickin' cool day,
Cindy

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I do love elements of it - like weathered wood. The stool you have is fabulous. When I was growing up my father built a bar in the basement that he made from old barn wood. It was beautiful.

Rebecca said...

Love the weather wood my friend and that stool/seat is 2die4. Oh to have more than one home.

xoRebecca

Tombstone Livestock said...

I have a single english stirrup like the one in your picture, I tied some raffia at the top and use it for a napkin holder, it is just the right size for folded napkins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...