Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Monday, April 25, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away


Nothin' like a warm spring shower to freshen the air and give promise to make the earth a nice, rich green.

BUT really...a little dab will do ya...I need to get started in the garden!!!


We have had...
-Two weeks worth of daily heavy downpour
-Loud cracks of thunder at all hours sending the house cats a scattering
-Continuous flash flood warnings for the area
-And the lake out back is spilling out and over the road into the already rushing and swollen creek


This is a picture of our flooded area last year. Couldn't get a picture this year...too much rain!

It soon will be okay...I'm just waiting for the grand finale and all will be good again.


Have a pickin' cool (& dry) Monday,
Cindy

3 comments:

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

I am sooooo with you on this one! I think everyone in the country is sick of rain. We have ENOUGH. I'm still looking for a rainbow like your beautiful picture. NICE!

June said...

Oh I am so ready for some sunshine and time in the garden too Cindy!!!
It can rain all it wants once I get the weeding done (not that it cares what I think)lol!
Thank you so much for your lovely visit.
June

Rita said...

I certainly feel the same way. Enough already!! You visited my flooded field so you know we have had weeks of rain as well.

I feel for the farmers who are loosing livelihood with the soggy fields but we have worst flooding along some of the other rivers and that is putting peoples lives at stake.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...