Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pickin' Berries

Raspberries and blackberries...are almost ready for some serious pickin'.


I added these bushes to my garden a couple years back.


Don't ya love all the goodness summer brings? 


I do have to keep them covered with netting. I'll share some with the birds, but I want my fair share this year.


I am hoping to have enough raspberries and blackberries to make a topping for homemade vanilla ice cream for this coming 'Independence Day' weekend.


For now, I have just enough to add to my yogurt. So simple and so good! 

What about you? Do you have berries in your garden?

Have a pickin' cool day,
Cindy

Linked Up With:


14 comments:

Suzanne said...

The berries look fabulous! So pretty and I'm sure they taste even better. (Visiting from Ms. Green Thumb Jeans)

Zoey said...

Oh, I would love to have those berry bushes in my yard. What a treat to walk out and pick a handful for your yogurt!

Beth said...

Cindy, Your berries look good and in time you'll have a larger crop. Enjoy!
Beth

debbie said...

those berries look good!!

perennialgardener said...

Look at those berries, makes me hungry! :)

Carmen C. said...

YUMMY! I just planted a few raspberries this year, they are still only about 14" tall, hoping next year they'll take off! We have Japanese beetles here in PA that do a number on them so I'll probably have to spray them although I hate using the pesticides.

Diana said...

Yum! Our raspberries are already done (I ended up with about a quart from our little patch). The blueberries are all coming in now, and I get between a half cup to a cup each morning from my 7 or 8 bushes.

Carol said...

We had everbearing raspberries in our last garden. Hubby would go out each morning and gather some for his granola.
Wonderful!

Jean said...

Welcome to Bloomin' Tuesday! I can almost taste those berries. No berry bushes here in the city. Jean

Maureen said...

Mmm, mmm, good! Lucky girl!

Deb said...

I'm visiting from Bloomin Tuesday. Your berries look delish! Yes, we have raspberry and blackberry and just planted 4 blueberry bushes this spring...love the fruits. Yours look very good.

Becca's Dirt said...

I bet you do have enough for your weekend. I know it is gonna be lip smackin good. Have a good holiday.

Tina said...

I don't have berries in my garden, but we do have places close by we can go picking. I used to pick blackberries at my great aunts years ago..she made the best blackberry cobbler.
Looks like you're going to have plenty from your bushes!

daisy said...

Mmmm, those berries look so good. Enjoy them on the 4th!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...