Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Garden...

The bees and butterflies are doing their part. I know I'm doing mine. 
The garden is behind this year and just now showing some signs of coming to life. 
Harvest will not be as abundant as I had hoped, but I can always look forward to another year of trying. 


The good news...basil is providing the much loved pesto that we can't get enough of.
And the blackberries...nothing slow about them this year.
Plenty of jam and desserts to go around.


Thank goodness!

Have a berry pickin' good day,
Cindy

Linked To:


Join in on the fun!



18 comments:

Maureen said...

I guess I'm not alone. It doesn't help that I got things in late but it is waaaaaay behind.

Carmen C. said...

So beautiful! I can almost taste that yummy jam:P

Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

What lovely photographs. I adore lavender. We had to replant it this year because of the harsh winter.

Happy Gardening Tuesday.
Sam

Darla said...

Looks very good over here!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Blackberry jam sounds amazing-enjoy:@)

Rosemary said...

Lovely vignette. Blackberries are heavenly aren't they......

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Thanks for the visit, hope you come back again. I certainly enjoyed meeting you and getting a glimpse into life in KY.

Jean said...

Nice post! Jam sounds wonderful! Jean

~Holly~ said...

Beautiful photos! Your garden is beautiful!!

Corinnea said...

Gorgeous pictures! I wish I could grow lavender where I am right now....

Melynda said...

I think we will have a nice blackberry harvest in this area, all you see right now are blossoms!

Pam said...

Thanks for linking up!!! Love your pictures!

Carisa said...

Thanks for visiting Casa Petrie. We picked a bunch of basil yesterday and I didn't have any nuts. I used some dehydrated tomatoes from last year's garden. It was delicious. :) And cheap!

Deb said...

Lovely collage! We just enjoyed basil last night on grilled pizza-excellent!

Rebecca said...

Wanna know a huge secret? I've been married almost 33 years and never canned one thing. Nope. Nothing. Notta. :( I hope someday to at least try. I can cook, bake, clean and scrub...but no canning! :(

Looks delish. I sooo want some of that Jam!

xoRebecca

daisy said...

I was late too, putting in a few veggies. Your basil looks wonderful!

Jenny Schouten Short said...

What a cute blog. Just discovered you tripping through blogland. :) Jenny

imsteelefullofscrap said...

MMM we here in Ohio have not got to pick that many they are not ripe enough out on the farm hopin this week they are last week we barely picked enough for a small cobbler but oh was it worth it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...