Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What's Happening

There's a warm summer breeze this morning. It will soon become another steamy afternoon, but for now I throw the windows wide open to welcome that sweet smelling air into my home. It beckons to me and as usual, I give in. I step outside to make my rounds to see what is happening in the natural world.


On one side of the yard, my rustic bench is positioned just right to overlook the lake...a good spot to take in the surroundings. It appears hazy this morning, a sure sign that the humidity will soon overtake us and make the day a bit uncomfortable.  


I see right before me a turtle laying her eggs in our yard. This occurs quite often at this time of year. Even though I am fortunate enough to see this, I am still waiting for the opportunity to actually see the baby turtles hatch and make their way down to the lake.


My garden is to my right and I marvel at how that one white flower has mysteriously appeared among the purples. I planted only purple years ago. And faithfully every year, the purples reappear. Now a lone white flower stands tall and proud. Makes one wonder.


As much as I enjoy being outside and experiencing nature, it's time to get some chores done. But before I do so...here's hoping you have a summer breeze beckoning to you and you take the time to answer it.

Have a pickin' cool day,
Cindy 


Linked To:
 Go Check Out The Fun!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Stunning. We drove through the country yesterday on our way home from a mini vaca and I was drooling over the landscape thinking, "someday". The lake is amazingly beautiful and the turtle is so fun. "Someday".

Maureen said...

You are truly blessed my friend. But I think you already know that.

Maggie said...

Hi Cindy,
What a beautiful part of the worls you live in, that old bench looks like the perfect spot to sit and ponder life's mysteries.
Hope all goes well with the baby turtles.
Maggie

RC Reese said...

Hi Cindy, I agreee...that bench is beconing me! Hope the summer blesses you with lots of natures wonders!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...