Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Monday, August 29, 2011

Am I Versatile?


Am I...versatile? I must be versatile cause Kara over at Hobbies of a Homemaker says so. And if Kara says so, then it must be.So thank you kindly, Kara, for passing The Versatile Blogger Award my way. Now go on over and say 'hey' to Kara! Tell her that Cindy, the Old Time Picker, was quite insistent and said you had to go make new friends. Here at Old Time Pickers, one can never have too many friends, good ones anyway!


So after accepting The Versatile Blogger Award, the blogger must...
1. Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 10 recently discovered blogs.
                                              
Seven things about me...
1.  I had another blog before this one. It was Country Blessings at Lakewood. Some bloggers who knew me from Country Blessings don't realize that I am now here at Old Time Pickers. I started this blog after opening my shop.
2. My hobby is gardening. I'm no pro at it, but I so enjoy being able to grow flowers and vegetables. Love the outdoors and my back yard. It helps to have a small lake out back. Can't beat that view!
3.  I now sell online, but I have had brick and mortar shops in the past. Years ago, I had a country shop called  Peddler's Point, which had vintage items and antiques along with new country treasures. My next experience with a brick and mortar was my gift shop.
4.  Fall is my favorite season and I'm so excited that it is just around the corner. I love the crisp air, the vibrant    
colors, and the sound of the leaves under my feet.
5.  I was a kindergarten teacher for awhile and then became a director of a college. I should have stayed as a kindergarten teacher. Definitely more my style.
6.  Except for pickin', I'm a homebody. Usually don't want or need to go out and about. I do a lot of socializing and meeting new people while out pickin'. It's a fun outlet for me.
7.  I have a thing for barns. Love them. Can't explain it. It is what it is.

Now moving onto the ten blogs that I have recently discovered...
1.  Our Country Home
2.  Salls Country Life
3.  Wild Rose Vintage
4.  Homespun Simplicity
5.  A Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen
6.  Rindy Mae
7.  Excuse Me While I Buy This Junk

Whoops...that is only seven! I can count, truly I can. The other three blogs that I intended to mention don't accept awards so if you are a follower and would like the award, I'll be happy to pass it along.
(I have some wonderful followers who have no blog link in their profile so I am unable to follow them back if they do have a blog.)

Until next time...

Have a pickin' cool Monday,
Cindy

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Awww, that is so sweet of you to pass the award on to me! Congratulations on receiving it yourself! I love reading little tidbits about the human behind the blog. Other than the love of gardening, everything else was new info.
Thanks again for thinking of me!

Mindy @ Rindy Mae

A Quiet Corner said...

I knew I recognized you from somewhere! Congratulations on your award!...:)JP

Cheryl said...

Congrats on your award, you are very deserving of it. Thanks for sharing your interests.
Good pickins to ya,
Cheryl

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage said...

Hi Cindy,

I just found this on your blog too!!! Thank you for passing on the blog award! This is all new to me.
I should have seen both these things earlier but this business of being on vacation....I have been a little behind in my blogging world!!!
Thank you and congratulations to you too!
Faye

Karen said...

Thank you so much for the award! It was very sweet of you to think of me. I posted about it today. I hope you are having a great week! ~Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...