Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Not Again!!!

Yes, it did happen again.


One of my favorite things to do is go pickin'...for vintage, primitive, shabby, and farmhouse chic. The other thing I love to do is gardening...tending to vegetables, herbs, flowers, and shrubs. Pickin' satisfies my need to have a fun business and to follow in the footsteps of my kinfolk. Gardening fulfills my desire to connect with nature and to return back to the basics.   

So what is the problem? Well, one of my loves is becoming hazardous to my health...LOL! I'm allergic to a lot of plants and many other things in the great outdoors. This year is especially bad for me. Once again, I made a trip to the doctors to receive my standard steroid shot and pills. I'm writing this with vision in my right eye only. My left eye is totally swollen shut.


Hubby says gardening is not good for me. For me physically, he may be right. But I garden for my emotional well being so I will continue and try to be careful even though that is difficult. We live in the country and can't completely control the wild and unruly.

I'm just thankful that my pickin' pursuits have not caused me any problems...yet.

Have a pickin' cool day,
Cindy

8 comments:

Carmen C. said...

I hope your allergies calm down, I too am allergic to many things, everytime I rub my hand along those squash leaves/vines I get hives:(

Mindy said...

OH NO! That's horrid! I can't imagine my garden (e?)affecting me negatively. That would be a fate worse than death. The only thing I've ever had bother me is rosemary, so I ripped it out several years ago. Hope the eye heals up soon!!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I am so sorry, and I feel your pain. Two weeks ago while working in the yard, poison ivy attacked me. I'd always thought I was immune to it. Not. It spread to my face. I hope you can still get some of your favorite things done.

Cindy@OldTimePickers said...

Thank you kindly, ladies, for wishing me well. I'll get there...eventually! LOL!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

This year's been rougher on me, too. Wonder what's up with that? But my allergies aren't nearly as bad as yours sound. How annoying that one of your passions causes things like an eye swelling shut!

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for entering in my giveaway. Good Luck!

Maureen said...

Well that's just wrong! A cruel, cruel trick.

Kelly_Deal said...

Yikes! I hope you feel better soon!
Kelly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...