Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Raking It In


I'm a gardener and I'm a vintage lover. So I enjoy raking it in...translation: when I go pickin', I pick up old, vintage rake heads and garden tools. Can't help myself. That's just how it is.


Some I sell. Some I keep. Again, can't help myself. 


This past weekend, I picked up two rakes at a flea market. Took them home and washed off the surface dirt to find something interesting.


The unusually long rake had a marking on it...Brasil (Brazil).


May have to keep this one. Rakes are great hanging on a wall with the prongs used as hooks to hold items and to even slide wine glasses onto. And I am planning a rustic beverage center for my dining room. I think this rake will fit right in. Let's size it up.

 

Yep, this one is a keeper!

Best Pickins'
Cindy 

5 comments:

Kelsie From Our Country Home said...

Love these photos...I think (hope) we still have some old rack heads from in the old bar...now I am really hoping hubby did not scrap them...I think they would be great to hang my small hand tools on in a potting shed :)

Blessings Kelsie

Jenny Schouten Short said...

What a great idea. I will keep my eyes peeled for rake heads. Didn't know their value until you told me so. xo Jenny

Mindy said...

SO stinkin' cute!!!!

Kara said...

I love these rakes! i'll be following along!

Barbara Jean said...

oh yeah! rustic.
love it!

blessings
barbara jean

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...