Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Top Ten Reasons I'm a Picker

Why, oh why, am I a picker?
Being a picker is something that has naturally evolved over time and has become a perfect fit for me. 

After some reflection, here are the 'Top Ten Reasons I'm a Picker'.


1. The Thrill of the Hunt - There is a new exciting adventure around every corner

2. A Connection to the Past - Every piece has a story, some are untold

3. The People - From the average Joe to the over-the-top characters (include me in over-the-top)
  
4. Giving a Found Piece a New Chance - Landfills are full enough, been green for years

5. Honoring my Heritage and Kinfolk - Come by this naturally from those before me

6. Each and Every Day is Definitely Different - Barns, flea markets, yards, fields, and who knows what else

7. The Simple Life - No complicated corporate life for me


8. Adds to My Personal Style - Don't have to sell everything, can keep some of those pickin' cool finds

9. Educational - Don't have to say 'what the heck is this' as much while learning the ways of our ancestors

10. Involves Blood, Sweat, and Tears - Yes, believe me, all three (though the tears usually involve uncontrollable laughter)

There's my top ten reasons I'm a picker!
And why do you pick?

Cindy 

7 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

I totally agree with all of those reasons you are a picker ~
It is just the best!

Cheryl said...

I also agree with all those reasons for being a picker. I just love it and for me an addiction! My hubby thinks I'm a little on the crazy side so I guess I should be in the "over the top" category!!
Good Pickins to Ya,
Cheryl

Ruffles and Relics said...

all of the above.. most important to me though is the connection to the past..I guess it fulfills some of the longing I have for the old ways
and the old days!!

Curtains In My Tree said...

I love being a picker because I have plenty in my house and always seeing something i know a friend would love .

I think it's a lot of fun also

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I pick because I get such a kick out of making some ugly old piece drop dead gorgeous!

Carol

Mary Ellen said...

Great reasons for being a picker! It is so much fun - I still have trouble convincing some of my friends though- especially when they go with me to some of the haunts and scary places to pick!

bee blessed
mary

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

I "pick" beacuse it's "all about the hunt"!! It's FUN and all the reason you mentioned too!
Deb

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...