Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Were You Raised In A Barn!?!


Did you ever hear that when you were growing up?  
You always knew your response should be a gentle "No".

Source: houzz.com via Cindy on Pinterest


Now ask me. Go ahead and ask me if I was raised in a barn. I'd answer, "No, but I think it would be have been a good idea". You see, I have a love for barns. They are a symbol of the life I try to embrace...down home simplicity. These days, I wouldn't mind living in a barn. Renovated barns can be quite the lookers.

Look at this red beauty with its grand entrance welcoming guests to come on in and sit a spell.

Source: houzz.com via Cindy on Pinterest


Here's an evening view. Can you imagine all the natural light that pours in during the daylight hours!

Source: houzz.com via Cindy on Pinterest


And you can't beat that solid stone foundation underneath it all.

Source: houzz.com via Cindy on Pinterest


And look at this barn. Who doesn't like the weathered and worn look of barn wood?

Source: houzz.com via Cindy on Pinterest


Let's throw in a silo with this one for some extra fun.

Source: houzz.com via Cindy on Pinterest


Here's a new home. This look was achieved by using salvaged timber from a barn.

Source: busyboo.com via Cindy on Pinterest


Can't live in a barn? Throw a party in one!



Or use a barn as a backdrop for a gathering of friends and family.



Ahhh...for the love of barns! Do you want one now? I do!

My pickin' best,
Cindy


Don't forget to enter my giveaway!
CLICK HERE

12 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my goodness those are all so beautiful!! I just love old barns!

outjunking said...

i just found your blog and have become your new follower. Enjoyed it all. I will be checking out your future weekend finds.
Lisa

beforethedawn said...

Look at all those gorgeous barns!

Blessings, Jessica
http://blessingsinthecountry.com/

Mindy said...

Yep, definitely on my list of "someday" dreams. The ones you've shown here are beautiful and make me sigh.

Ruffles and Relics said...

simple beauty... love it!!

Flat Creek Farm said...

I love them all! I've had the barn w/ big curtains stored somewhere in my faves.. for awhile :) Keep thinking maybe there might be a reason someday to put big curtains on our barn.. lol. We also built a pole barn building in our back yard a couple years ago - part is garage/workshop & there is an apartment-type area too in which our son lives in now. Someday (hopefully soon), we plan on doing a full pole barn house where our old house now is. Did any of that make sense? :) So, bottom line, I love barns.. and barn-houses!! Thanks for sharing! -Tammy

A Quiet Corner said...

I do LOVE my barn here in the Hollow...:)JP

Jann Olson said...

Oh Cindy,
I'm with you, would love to live in a barn. These are all fantastic! Really wish I had a barn of my own. There's an old abandoned one just behind our home. Sure wish I could adopt it. Just wanted to say thanks so much for the award. I didn't pass it on because I had just received that same award last week and passed it on then. Thought that would be o.k. Again, thanks for thinking of me. I love your blog too! Bye for now my pickin friend.

Cheryl said...

Love the pictures. Would really like to live in a barn myself.
We have two on the property but both are in use at this time.
Thanks for sharing,
Cheryl

The Tablescaper said...

Some of those barns are just fabulous.

- The Tablescaper

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage said...

Cindy, I love barns too and I don't know why. I was raised a city kid but always knew I belonged on a farm with a big old barn! I am a country girl now and will stay that way forever!
Thanks for showing all of these wonderful old barns~and I must keep a better eye on your blog from now on...I missed too much excitement!!!
Faye

Bliss said...

You know it woman!

~Bliss~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...