Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I'll Miss Them


These beauties are now on their way to New York and I must say...I'll miss them.
I was in tin heaven when I acquired these large antique ceiling tiles...such a gorgeous design with historical significance!


They were dismantled from a bank in Indiana that dates back to the late 1800's/ early 1900’s.
The patina on each tile varied due to the aging process...lots of character. 


I had put them in our shop about a year ago and today, someone decided that they had to have them for their very own project and bought all eight of them.


I will be redoing my kitchen next month and have been thinking of these tiles often. I had made up my mind that if these tiles didn't sell, I was going to use them somewhere, somehow.


Now they are gone and I know I'll miss them.
But at the same time, someone else will have the chance to rejoice in their aged beauty.
Mission accomplished.


Have a pickin' cool Wednesday,
Cindy

Linked Up To:

15 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I've sold a few of these too, and I ALWAYS regret it! Tin tiles are hard to come by around here. Yours are beautiful! Lucky whoever got 'em! Happy White Wednesday!

Cheryl said...

Oh dear, I would miss them, too!
Such great historical pieces and I bet they would have stories to tell. Have a cool pickin' week,
Cheryl

Jenny said...

They are lovely

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Angela said...

Every once in a while I get a piece I feel the same way about! Just when I say "If that doesn't sell by... I will keep it." Then, it sells! But the ugly stuff that I bought on a bad picking day (hungry, tired, confused, hot, or having to go tee tee makes for a bad picking day for me) I can't GIVE away!

Gail said...

Beautiful tiles! I would miss them too if they were mine.

Enjoy your evening,
Gail

outjunking said...

The tin tiles are awesome, I used some as a back splash in my kitchen. I have had so many complements on them.
Lisa

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I would miss them too.

Maureen said...

That happens often! Last week I sold a dressing table that I was getting ready to take out of the shop. Go figure.

Kelsie From Our Country Home said...

What gorgeous tiles...Someone is lucky indeed...I used to have a piece of the press tin ceiling from the oldest bar circa 1800's in my hometown...I obtained it when it was remodeled to be an upscale grill and bistro...Not sure where it is not, I moved country and as you can imagine, a scrap piece of metal was not high on my list of things to pack lol.

Blessings Kelsie

~Sues Treasures on the Porch~ said...

Love these tins I have several from my shop and I will not sell them don't know what I will do with them yet but I think of something. I did frame one with barn wood and I love it! I am you new follower love your blog!!

June said...

Cindy these tiles are really beautiful. Oh how I wish I would have been close by to snag those from you.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I'd miss them too! Beautiful!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Fishtail Cottage said...

These are so charming! xoxo

Kathy said...

You are so much more braver than I. I would have a very hard time parting with them! They're perfect - I love to go into buildings and see the elaborate tin ceilings! Sigh - there are always more treasures out there to be found and had!
Hugs,
Kathy

Vicki said...

Nice blog! Isn't it hard to part with things?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...