Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Meet Katharine


Isn't she something? Her name is Katharine, also known as Kate, and she is a country gal at heart.
I met her at the auction I attended over the weekend and we hit it off immediately.
If you look closely, you'll see her adorable antique wear...handmade with delicate details.
This setting is her previous home. She now lives with me. I have some special plans for her. She needs some fancy footwear (base) and I have the perfect piece. Future reveal. 


Hubby and I went to this auction thinking that it might not produce anything special. The listing in the paper did not even mention Kate or that there was a barn with good pickins in it! That's the barn behind Kate in the above photo. 


These barrels were in the barn. This is a picture after we arrived home. That is my Kit Kat inspecting the barrels noting that they definitely smell like a barn. And see that humongous mailbox? Super heavy, too.
Largest mailbox I've ever seen!


The next pickins we came across in the barn were old chippy doors. Had to climb into a loft on a rickety ladder and lower them down to hubby after we won the bid. Oh what fun!


Here are some of our other pickins from the auction.


Yes, that is another dress form. Kate's cousin, maybe?
A nice piece of Samsonite luggage.
An antique fan, also known as a finger chopper.
Three pretty vintage bedspreads.
A box of hangers.
Primitive scale and a scale face.
Did you see the latticework? Now I have a couple of great pieces to fancy up the garden.
Jars and more jars. You are seeing only a sample. I have so many jars. I think I need help.


Auctions can be long and exhausting days, but oh so worth it.
Next weekend is our big pickin' weekend where we'll be putting some miles on the truck.
With a shop that always needs to be stocked, one can never get enough.
Just wondering...did ya do any good pickin' over the weekend?

My pickin' best,
Cindy

13 comments:

Primsue said...

Cindy, sounds like it was a great auction. You got some awesome pickins. Can't wait to see what you do with Kate.
Blessings,
Sue

Gail said...

OMGoodness, you did great this weekend! I love auctions and my husband and I go as often as we can. I can't wait to see what you do with all your treasures, especially with Kate.

Enjoy your Sunday,
Gail

Kara@Hobbies of a Homemaker said...

these are such amazing picks cindy! I'm so jealous! love the dress forms. I just got one of my own, she needs a makeover though...

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Oh my word! What awesome finds! I haven't been to an auction since I was a kid, Lol! I would LOVE to go, but my family thinks I'm crazy! Lol! They don't share my taste. Oh, I LOVE Kate! That was a great find!

Maureen said...

Oh what fun! I have only been to one authentic barn sale and a friend and I were up in the rafters pickin' through it. It was a blast!

Cheryl said...

I love auctions, too. You found some great pickins and if you ever get tired of Kate living with you she can come and live with me...I
love her! I was a vendor at an antique and folk art show this weekend so pickers were pickin' from me! It was fun.

Angela said...

Great job!! I love dress forms. We have one at work that we have been trying to name for months. We finally settled on just calling her "our girl" since we always say "Our Girl" looks good in that dress. I also had a great weekend going through a barn. There was a house too but like you - I prefer the stuff in the barn :)

Laurel said...

Oh my...looks like my kind of sale! LOVE that huge mailbox...I have a big one too but yours is cooler with the words on it :) Lucky you! Laurel@chippingwithcharm

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage said...

VERY Excellent pickins!!!! You got a dress form!!! I've been watching for one for awhile now to display my old prom dress. Everything you picked is awesome, love the old doors. I hit a few yard sales on Friday and found one really good deal that I should post about and I finally got my camper! We brought it home yesterday! EEEEEE!!! I'm so excited! I've been kind of flighty today over it.
Thanks for showing your very cool pickins!
Faye

Jann Olson said...

Hi Cindy,
I am so jealous of your pickin adventures! I have never been to an auction. Sounds like so much fun. Kate is one cute gal. I have my eye on an old one at Star Mill Antiques. The owner is not willing to sale yet. I bought one at Home Goods (Not old) but will have to do for now. I'm dolling her up for Halloween. Love all that you found. The barrels are wonderful. Have fun pickin!

Rebecca said...

Teee Heeee.....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Miss Kate and her cousin ain't bad either!

:) FABULOUS FINDS GIRLY!

xoRebecca

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, that was so fun, seeing I just went to my first auction, I think it is the way to go, the stuff we love no one else wants. It so beats garage and estate sales...Your right, it's addicting!!

Carol

Linda said...

OH Kate is great! Don't you love it when you happen upon something wonderful and unexpected! Great find! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your nice comment on my Junk Bonanza post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...