Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Playin' With Pumpkins


I finally decided to just do it. I thought I'd play with my craft supplies and see if I could come up with a pumpkin. I wanted something quick so I decided to try a sweater pumpkin. Tutorials are all over the internet for these. Basically, you cut the sleeve off an old sweater, do some gathering and some stuffing, embellish it and a pumpkin it is.


When I finished mine, I sat back to contemplate my accomplishment and I broke out in laughter. I don't know why, but this little guy makes me laugh. And that is a good thing. I think he needs a friend or two. Then I just might become hysterical.


So ya wanna have a laugh, start playin' with some pumpkins!

Until next time...

Have a pickin' and playin' good day,
Cindy

12 comments:

Kara@Hobbies of a Homemaker said...

love them! using a sweater is such a good idea!

Maureen said...

It is sooooo cute! I have my pumpkin making supplies and hope to get to it in the next day or two but mine won't be as cute as your.

You're right, it needs a family!

dr momi said...

Way cute, and way easy!

Gail said...

I'm so happy that your cute little pumpkins makes you laugh...that's a good thing!

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Cheryl said...

Love it!! I have been making pumpkins for days for my show coming up this weekend but they were not quite as simple as that! I think I will give your idea a try for my next show. What an inspiration you are.
Cheryl

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage said...

That's pretty cute! I haven't seen these made using sweaters until now...I think I might have a cream wool sweater I can cut up...
Faye

Flat Creek Farm said...

What a great idea - love it!! -Tammy

Flat Creek Farm said...

p.s. I am borrowing your 'canine' quote on your sidebar. Hope that is ok w/ you.. it is too perfect!! -T

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

LOVE your white pumpkin!!! Looks easy to make..or maybe not!
Deb

Traci said...

Aww, now that's a cute pumpkin, love the sweater idea!

Blessings,
Traci

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love your pumpkin! Awesome idea!

Passionate for White said...

Great blog you have here...I just became one of your newest followers - so happy to have found you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...