Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Would You Rather Have...

Your husband surprise you with
flowers and candy 
OR
good old junk that has some rust and crust or might be chippy and shabby
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!


Tell me! I really want to know!


I started thinking about this when Kelsie over at Our Country Home was pleasantly surprised when her husband brought her a stack of old windows. She's been a wanting to put together her own greenhouse and these old windows will be perfect. Her husband knows her.


Me...I want the rust, the crust, the weathered, and the worn.


My hubby will stop at a curbside all on his own and bring something home if he thinks I may want it.


And that's what it's all about.


So gals...is it flowers and candy or rust and crust?


Best pickins' to ya,
Cindy

11 comments:

Gail said...

Oh I'm with you, give me rust, crust, weathered and worn any day! And my husband will do just that.

Enjoy your day,
Gail

Traci said...

I'll take the rusty and crusty anyday...way more potential than flowers ;)

Blessings,
Traci

Mindy said...

Rust and crust every time. I love that my hubby brings me home stuff from the dumpster at work. lol :o)
The other day he brought home two dining chairs that were on a curb. Love it!

Kara@Hobbies of a Homemaker said...

both :) no, but if I had to choose it would be rust!!

Angela said...

I have never been a flower or jewelry kind of girl -- but I DO love some chocolate :) I have a birthday coming up and I would LOVE to go on an antiquing trip as a gift...and then go out for some dessert!

Cheryl said...

Rusty, crusty, weathered, worn, chippy and peely.....that's what I like! (not necessarily in that order)
Have a great rest of the week!
Cheryl

cynthia lee designs said...

Both...my favorite was when he came home with flowers on our anniversary and then took me on a weekend junking trip!
blessings,
Cindy

Maureen said...

Bring on the chippy, shabby, rusty and crusty! Flowers would work too but not candy!

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage said...

Rust and crust for sure! Mr. Wild found 2 old crates like yours last summer and brought them home for me. If he does bring me flowers they are ones he picked...big fat fluffy purple thistle flowers...they really are beautiful!
Faye

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

I must say that I'd take both and yes my DH brings olde rusty treasures home to me...of course now I'm runnin' outta room...eeeekkk!
patti :)

Flea Market Lynn said...

Hi Cindy, thanks for stopping by my blog......I'm one of your newest follwers. I also grew up in Lexington......miss KY a bunch! Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...