Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall Welcome


I finally have my vintage metal baskets hung on our front doors!
The picture below is what they looked like when I bought the pair for $5.00.
Very old, chippy, and rusted through in a few spots.


 I do like that look, but not for the front doors.




After cleaning the baskets, I painted them white and gave them an aged finish.
Then I gathered natural materials from the yard and added some fall elements from my supplies to create a 
'Fall Welcome'.


I'm pleased with the look. It should last through Thanksgiving.
And this is the only orange you will see around my home.

Now I know I have not been blogging or even visiting other blogs much.
I apologize.
I started a small project. Well, I thought it was small then it became larger and just grew into a monster task.
No turning back now and I keep asking myself 'WHAT HAVE I DONE?'
Maybe I'll be brave and post about it next week.
Until then...

Have a pickin' cool weekend,
Cindy

13 comments:

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage said...

They look so pretty!
What did you get yourself into!!!!
Hope we see it...
Faye

Traci said...

Hi Cindy....your baskets look so nice on your doors. I love the cedar..a couple quick changes and they're good for Christmas Welcome!

Don't you hate those kind of projects that get out of hand (happens to me too!)

Blessings,
Traci

Ahl Cooped Up said...

I love it!
Pat

Angela said...

So cute!

Toyin O. said...

Very nice.

Grammy Goodwill said...

Hey! What have you got against orange? It's my favorite color, by the way. Those baskets look fantastic. I wouldn't have the vision to see what they could become.

Jann Olson said...

Hi Cindy,
The baskets do look so nice on your front door. Loved the rusty look too! I bought a bunch of architetural stuff yesterday to hang on my family room wall. Gotta do a bit of work first.

Gail said...

Your front door looks beautiful! I hear what you're saying about taking on a "small project"...that happens to me a lot!

Enjoy your weekend,
Gail

Kathy said...

Looks great - great deal on the baskets!
Especially 2! Love the contrast of the colors with the doors as a background.
Understand projects getting big on you - have a few that have taken my time too! Hope you share soon,
Kathy

Blackberry brambles said...

Those are so nice, they look really good. Great find !!! have a wonderful day.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh, I think they look great! What a find!

Carol

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Love this redo. I will have to let you know when we have the sale at my mom's house and you will definitely have to come. I have two old trunks and lots of other old stuff that needs some TLC.

Sherri Farley said...

Love your baskets, a bargain is always good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...