Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pickin' Makeover


BEFORE

Found these lovely ladies on a pickin' spree and just could not pass them up.
They were old, worn, and rusty.
Pickin' cool and a great price, but...the chippy paint was extreme and the rust was creating a few holes.

DURING

So I grabbed my wire brush and started scrubbing.
After a good cleaning, they received some fresh white paint.

AFTER

Hard to see in the photo, but now they are just right since
I aged them with some grey blue paint.

NEXT
I'll be gathering some fall materials to make arrangements in the baskets 
and hang them on my double front doors. Pictures soon!


My pickin' best,
Cindy 

9 comments:

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage said...

These are so pretty...you can do so much with them! Good pickins!
Faye

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Great pickin finds!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Cheryl said...

What a find and love how you painted them. Can hardly wait to see what they look like on your doors!
Have a great week,
Cheryl

Traci said...

Those are so cool Cindy!.. love'em

Hugs, T

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Oooo, these are gonna look great hanging. Nice finds.

Tina's Primitive Attic said...

Love the new look of them!!

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Great new pick and wonderful new look!

janice15 said...

These are so wonderful wish I could find some...amazing..got to get the flea market...I just love them..great paint job..hugs Janice

Michelle said...

Those are so pretty - I really like the quilted texture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...