Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Monday, October 10, 2011

Quick Pickins


Been sooo busy with yard work and errands. Also prepping the house so I can stain the kitchen cupboards and do some painting. Ya know how it is...never enough time in the day. I'm tired and sore, but all will be worth it once the cold weather rolls in. I'll be snug as a bug in a rug with all the major work done!


Made a very quick stop while running errands to see if there might be anything worth pickin' and I found a few goodies. My fave is that metal rooster! I'm a struggling with the thought of keeping him, but I know it will probably be best to put him in the shop. He had sat on the peak of a shed and was saved just in time as the shed was being torn down. How pickin' cool is that? Very! 

Until next time...

My pickin' best,
Cindy

10 comments:

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage said...

Oh, I like that rooster too! You find such good pickins!
Faye

Cheryl said...

Oh, yes, I love that rooster myself. What a find that was! I actually like all your pickins for the day. I may have to step out for a few minutes myself and check out a garage sale a couple miles from me.
Have a great week,
Cheryl

Angela said...

I love that seed holder and of course that little oil can - I just added a very similar one to my shop just a couple of days ago :)

earlene said...

Very cool!
Great finds.
Have a good night.
Earlene

Maureen said...

I have a system when I come across things that I love (but DO NOT need. I hang on to them for a little bit (a month or two or five) so that we can 'bond', and then off it goes.

Silly but true!

Jann Olson said...

Good save! Glad he found a good home. Even if it doesn't end up being yours. lol!

Gail said...

Oh how I love that rooster too Cindy!

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Gracefully Vintage said...

OOh.. I sure hope you share your cabinet transformation..
Mine are white- i was thinking of painting again and then adding stain-waxing them...
Great Blog- a new follower...
Karryann

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, I lOVE that rooster! It's adorable!!! Thank you so much for your sweet note--It meant so much to me.
XO
Cindy

Pamela said...

Oh how I love that rooster, too. You sure got some "prizes." Fun getting to see them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...