Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Friday, December 30, 2011

Open That Door


Time to open the front door to greet 2012 and welcome it with open arms. 
2011 is going to leave by quietly slipping out the back door.


2012 will hold some wonderful times for me. 
-Becoming a grandmother...YES!
-Hosting a large bridal shower for my niece
-And then celebrating my niece's beautiful wedding
-Feeling of pride for my nephew who will be graduating from college 
(while both his parents will be there looking down from heaven)

2012 will also hold some painful moments.
-Family and friends are facing some challenging health battles
(they are always in my thoughts and prayers)

I know we all have to face the ups and downs in everyday life.
Here's to a year of being able to handle them with grace and with strength. 


At the end of each year, I allow myself some quiet time to become inspired.
It's a time for self-discovery.
I do not make resolutions, but I do have aspirations. 

So this is my year to believe in myself and 'just do it'.
I've pondered a few things this past year wondering what solution is best.
I've discovered that sometimes there is just no 'right' answer.
Sometimes ya just need to do something. Better to do something rather than nothing at all.

And now is the time to let ya all know that I do appreciate your visits, support, and comments.
It amazes me how quickly we bond and become friends.
So cheers to my blogging friends...hope that 2012 treats ya all well!

Until next year...

Have a good old time in all ya do,
Cindy

13 comments:

the cape on the corner said...

congratulations on your impending grandmotherhood! and i'm saddened to hear about health battles. best to you in the new year.

MyJourneyBack said...

Great post! I am back to regularly posting and visiting! Praying for you this year! I love being a grandma! Come by and see me. Check out my Read the Bible this year post!
Happy New Year,
Sherry

outjunking said...

Aspirations I like the sound of this. It sounds doable. I hope 2012 will smile on you and your love ones.
Lisa

Okio B Designs said...

Well said! Happy new year!

Jeanine

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Here's Wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Josie said...

A very inspiring post! Thank You!

Jann Olson said...

Love your post and your door pics, Cindy. So true, the New Year will bring both joy and challenges. I think alot of it has to do with our attitude and finding joy in little everyday things. Wishing you much happiness in the coming New Year. Happy to call you a friend!

Blessings from Cindy said...

I love your post Cindy! Your pics are gorgeous & so fitting. I love all your vignettes in the previous posts. You became grandmother...how awesome! It is my turn in May to twin girls! Thanks so much for visiting my blog & your sweet comments. Happy New Year!
Many blessings to you & your family,
Cindy

Cheryl said...

Love your post and Happy New Year to your and yours!
Cheryl

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Awesome post Cindy!!!
Hope you find many joys throughout the new year!
Happy New Year!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Dropped by your blog today and enjoyed the visit! Hope you will stop by little blog sometime too!
Jan @SouthernJunkin.blogspot.com

Valerie's Blog said...

Found your blog through Pinterest. Love, love, love it. Like all the old rusty stuff as well. I used to own a gift shop, Copper Rooster here in Beeville, TX. Now I am home, enjoying the grandkids and my farm/yard life. I paint on all these old things now. Mainly old window screens. Husband just build me a beautiful garden/greenhouse made out of all old stuff I have collected over the years.

Happy Junkin!
Valerie

Bliss said...

"I do not make resolutions, but I do have aspirations".
Me too.

~Bliss~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...