Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ideas, Projects, and Info...Oh My

I have a variety of ideas.
I think of so many projects.
I collect lots of info.

Oh my...how to keep it all straight?
I use a binder system. It's not perfect, but it sure helps.


It all started a couple of years ago when I brought home boxes 
and more boxes of magazines from an auction.
They were all the best in decorating, gardening, and crafting magazines.
I enjoyed looking through them over and over again, but they were taking up too much needed space.


The binder system to the rescue. 
It's my way to keep what I like all organized in a nice and tidy method, somewhat.
I have a binder for decorating and one for gardening.
I just started one for Christmas. 


It holds it all. I needed one. I don't know about you, but every year there is some confusion as to how many good strings of lights we have, where is that 'special' eggnog recipe, and what were those great ideas I came across the previous year that I wanted to do this year. Yep...no more of that.

Oh, and Pinterest! Don't get me started. I'm a lovin' it. Very inspirational, indeed! And so much fun.
It's a type of an online binder which you can put ideas you find into categories.
You can check out my pins HERE. I've even found where others have pinned pictures from this old blog.
So fun to inspire each other. 

I hope you each have a good old time this weekend.
I'll probably be browsing my binders.

Cindy

18 comments:

Angela said...

I also keep a binder and have pins all over Pinterest! I just love magazines but you are right--they take up too much space! Just clip the ideas you love and chunk the rest.

Happy New Year!

outjunking said...

I love the use of a binder, but never thought to break it down to even holidays. I can use this idea.
Thank you a bunch,
Lisa

Cheryl said...

I have this same idea but I have never taken the time to get it accomplished but thanks to your inspiration I am going to do it!!
I have a mountain of magazines because of a couple of great ideas I saw and refuse to throw them away.....time to get organized.
Thanks,
Cheryl

Primsue said...

I love your binder idea - I have way too many magazines that I need to pare down. I enjoying Pinterest - it is a great resource.
Have a great weekend,
Sue

Jen said...

Great idea! I think of a good idea, then it gets lost in my head somewhere.

Patty Sumner said...

How funny. I keep a binder too. I found your blog while browsing over at "Prim Sues". I am going to follow along. I hope you will take time to come and visit with me and follow along. Blessings!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I've been cutting ideas out of magazines for years. I have binders for different catagories too! But I have tons of magazines that I have a hard time cutting apart ~ why???? Does that make me a hoarder???
Happy clipping and sorting!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Prim Blessings
Robin

cynthia lee designs said...

Cindy,
I use the binder system too. Right now...I have one for decorating ideas and another one that has Fall & Christmas ideas.
And I love Pinterest!!
blessings,
Cindy

ImSoVintage said...

Cindy, this is a great idea. I usually just get frustrated and throw the magazines out.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Cindy,
So funny the posts are exactly the same, right down to the Pinterest. We must be channeling our organizational ideas to each other!! Lol thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm off to become a follower of your blog too!!
Take care
Karen

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG I am organized, but that is a fabulous idea! I am always book marking idea, some I throw into one file, but seldom seem to go back to them. I love the Pinterest boards that help a little! I am so excited the you and Kate can join the dress form party, I will post a lot of reminders, I am so excited to see a bunch of dress forms all in one place!!

Carol

The Old Farm Bell said...

Cindy,

Love the binder system. Great for all those projects and ideas. Super time saver in the long run.
Thanks! for sharing.
Blessings,
Marlene

A Primitive Homestead said...

There are just some magazines I have to keep including each issue. They are like old friends. I love to relook over & over. I store them in antique metal picnic tins stacked a top each other. Your binders offer much more protection to an issue while looking for just a certain one. I will have to see if binders will fit in my tins. Blessings!
Lara

Creations By Cindy said...

I love the way you have used a binder! What a great and awesome idea! Thanks for sharing.

Jann Olson said...

Hi Cindy,
I too am a binder gal. I even have one of quotes and poems that I like to use on my chalkboard. Country Living and Victoria have had some wonderful throught the years. I have been trying to resist pinterest. Didn't want to be on the comp that much. My daughter said, "Mom, you would love it and then you can get rid of your binders and just have it on pinterest. I think I may be caving and will try pinterest before long, but the binders will never go. Just something about holding it in your hands.
Jann

Mark Norkaitis said...

Love your blog! Im now a follower!

Mark @ Room363

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

I love Pinterest but I love my touchy binders even more. You were so sweet to drop by and wish me a Happy Birthday. Thank you and hope you are having a fun day. xo

Sue at the Little Shack said...

Loving the binder system! I'll be checking my Salvation Army store for some and getting started! Isn't Pinterest wonderful!! I've been pinning for awhile now and have to be careful with how long and often I go on! Where I love, we have to have internet via satelite and there is a very strict amount of bandwidth we can use each day. If we go over our limit we get slowed down to snail speed...that's slower than dialup! And stay that way for 24 hours!!! I've lost count of how many times my Pinning has taken us over! My bad!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...