Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Monday, January 2, 2012

It's Snowing!


It is snowing! The first of the season. A new year and a fresh start with the beauty of the snow falling softly as I watch from the warmth of my home. Can you hear the quiet? Can you appreciate the god given moment?

I am usually not a fan of snow, but I'm always a giddy child when snow makes it first, grand appearance. This is the view from my kitchen table.


Every winter, I entice the birds to come for a visit with tasty morsels of food that I put out every morning for them. And they come. Nothing is more magnificent than the brilliance of a red cardinal against the fresh white of the fallen snow.

So let it snow...I'm staying in today and drinking hot spiced tea at the kitchen table.
Best view ever! 

Until next time,
Cindy 


10 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

WOOHOO, it is snowing, yes stay in and sip your tea and curl up in a quilt or coverlet and do a craft or read a good book.

Prim Blessings and Hugs, stay warm and safe,
Tricia

dr momi said...

Great picture! I love the view from your kitchen table :-)

Cheryl said...

Snowing nicely here, too! I like watching it when it is like this.
Don't have to worry about driving in it anymore thanks to retirement!
What a great view especially with the cardinal in the picture.
Have fun,
Cheryl

Gail said...

What a beautiful view! Our weather this winter has been crazy. We have had temps near 60...unusual for this time of year in Maryland. A cold front has made it's way here today but no snow in the forecast.

Enjoy,
Gail

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Such a beautiful view!
Snowed here in WI yesterday then the winds picked up and everything turned to ice. Did I mention it's really cold out today!
Enjoy your tea and your beautiful view!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

cynthia lee designs said...

It snowed here today too. I just love how everything looks with a blanket of snow on it.
What a great view from your kitchen table!!
blessings,
Cindy

Jane said...

I enjoyed your post,I also love the first snow of the season. I love watching it fall...so pretty ! I am following your blog,you are welcome to follow mine as well. Blessings Jane

Jann Olson said...

Snowing at your house and it feels like Spring here. Seriously, I am fighting back the urge to garden. lol! If I didn't know better I would think it was March. I'm loving the warm weather, but we sure do need snow. Luckily last Winter was a very good water producer and the resevoirs are full. Love the picture of your pretty red guest. Nothing quite like the look of freshly fallen snow.

goddessof4 said...

what a beautiful bird!!! The view looks like a perfect painting!!!!!!

Karen Thomason/Gordon Setter Crossing said...

What a lovely winter picture....nice job!Nothing prettier than that bright red with the white snow background.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...