Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Owl Love You Always!


That is what I'll tell my first grandbaby...'Owl Love You Always!'.
Sweet grandbaby is due in May and we will be having a baby shower in February.


My sister will be hosting the shower and this grandmother is in charge of the decor.
Baby boy or baby girl? We will be pleasantly surprised!


The shower will be in baby blues, yellows, and greens in an owl theme.
I whipped together a few cutie owls and some tissue paper pom poms.


I found the pattern for the owls here and the pom poms here.
For the owls, I did a combination of gluing, hand sewing, and machine stitching.
It felt good to get the sewing machine out. I haven't sewn since my girls were little.
Very therapeutic and I can see myself finding more sewing projects in the very near future. 

Thanks for the visit!
Owl love you always,

13 comments:

Bliss said...

From one grammie to another..... and you will (love them always!).

~Bliss~

Pamela said...

Adorable! Being a grandmother is the best!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

How pretty! I love the owls.
I think everything is so nice.
Blessings,
Susie

Mindy said...

Oh my GOODNESS, those owls are too stinkin' adorable!!!
What a fun time for you. And YAY for another surprise gender!!!

Angela said...

So, so, so cute!! Great job!!

Renewed Upon a Dream said...

Ahh I LOVE those little owls! Must make some! I have a thing for owls & those are stinkin' adorable!

Cheryl said...

Love 'em.....too darn cute!!
I also think it's great they want to be surprised about the gender.
Have fun,
Cheryl

Jane said...

My sweet gg baby is also due in may And mine is a boy, can't wait! Blessings Jane

Gail said...

Grandma you did great on those owls! They are adorable. You will find out soon enough, but there is no greater love than that of a grandchild! Enjoy your day, Gail

Between U & Me said...

I LOVE this! I would love if you would share this at the Crazy Cute link party happening at Between U & Me right now! I've got a totally awesome giveaway this week, too!
OOH! AND, I'm your newest follower! ;)
www.betweenuandme.com

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Owl, love what you did! What a fun theme and a fun time in your life. I want you to know I went to look at the pom poms and spent a half hour looking through Martha Stewart stuff LOL!

Carjol

Jann Olson said...

Hi Cindy, Oh how fun to have a new little one on the way. an owl theme is so fun! My 2 year old granddaughters 1st birthday was owl themed. It turned out so darling. My daughter made the cutest owl banner. and owl goody sacks. Alot more that I can't think of right now. I appliqued her a cute owl on a onesie and then she had a floundy tuelle skirt. She was a doll! Looks like you've already got so many cute owls ready for the PAR-TEE. It's sure to be a grand time!
Hugs,
Jann

momto8 said...

congrats and good luck to you!!!
These owls are just too cute.
I am your newest follower...pls follow bcd if you can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...