Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Friday, February 24, 2012

Lookin' At Life


As Kit Kat and I pondered life while in the great outdoors yesterday, I came to a realization. 



My life is extraordinary. 
I enjoy a pretty and productive garden with flowers, fruit, and vegetables.


I have the advantage of a lake which provides me with a sense of calm and contentment.


I take delight, am amazed, and very appreciative of the beauty around me.


I am surrounded by the wonderful wildlife. This one I call Gertrude. 


And my buddies (this is Dale) provide much needed companionship as I go about my day.

Yep, everyday here at the homestead is extraordinary and I am thankful for it.

Hope you have an extraordinary weekend,
~Cindy~

14 comments:

Bliss said...

You are so right. Nothing else would matter without peace in our own little corner of the world.

~Bliss~

Traci said...

Beautiful!

Sall's Country Life said...

Living a thankful life is "a good thing"! I Love your pals!

Maureen said...

We should all stop and count our blessings. It looks like you've found your little slice of heaven.

outjunking said...

Sounds like a bed and breakfast I might like to stay at ;)
Life is good when we stop and smell the roses, I just have to keep reminding myself to do that.
Lisa

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

I love to sit and take in the simple beauty around me are realize how blessed I am. Good for you!

Mindy said...

Amen.

The Old Farm Bell said...

Hi! Cindy,

You are truly blessed! Being still for a moment allows us to reflect on how grateful we are for these "life" gifts. These priceless moments in time.

I too, am grateful & thankful for everything I have(no matter what).

Isn't it beautiful to see & embrace that stillness? We are all blessed :o)

Enjoy! a serene weekend.

Blessings & Hugs,
Marlene

Mrs.B said...

Amen.
Me too...Thankful & Blessed.

Cheryl said...

Great pictures and post.
I am also thankful and blessed!
Life is good.
Cheryl

ImSoVintage said...

Your surroundings are wonderful. I live in the city, but still have one indoor cat, three feral outdoor cats we feed, and lots of wildlife and birds that come up to share the cat food. :)

Angela said...

It is so nice to read about someone taking the time to stop and smell the roses (or daffodils) and appreciate the things in life!! Dale is adorable :)

Have a great weekend!!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Great post Cindy!!!
Beautiful surroundings and cute fur babies!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Madge Bloom said...

Sweet little pup! Beagle??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...