Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Raise Your Hand If You're Versatile


There's this award going around for versatile bloggers.
I just found out that I am a recipient again.
I was awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by Deborah Jean at Dandelion House!
Deborah Jean has a wonderful blog and writes for MaryJanesFarm as their BEACH farmgirl blogger.
I'm a MaryJanesFarmgirl. Are you?
Anyhoo, Deborah Jean is pickin' cool, so head on over and pay her a visit.

 

Now onto the details.
I need to choose 15 blogs to pass the award onto and notify them by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay, here we go:
1. I'm So Vintage
2. Pickles On Pizza
3. The Primitive Hutch
4. Nest 'n Feathers
5. momto8blog
6. Hillcrest Home Prims
7. Outjunking
8. The Primitive Skate
9. A Few Pennies
10. Primitive Passion Decorating
Whoops, that is only 10. So be it. If ya want to join in, please feel free to do so!

Next, I need to share seven random things about myself:

My barn wood table with Christmas decor.

1. I have a love for barn wood. It is not a new thing. It all started about 35 years ago when we were able to score some wood from a friend's barn and make furniture and decor items from it. And I'm still doing it today. Check out my barn wood farm table here. Oh, I will probably add some barn wood designs when I expand the business. Oops, did I say that?
2. My love of vintage and handmade items comes naturally. I hate to shop the big name stores. So I don't shop. I'm a simplistic gal. Not complicated at all. We all can reuse and recycle. Actually, I get a kick out of it.
3. I am a bit rebellious. I blaze my own trail. I'm a little different. But that can be a good thing, right? I like to blog cause I find others just like me. I'm not alone!


4. I talk to animals. And I hate to admit it, but it is usually baby talk. What makes a supposedly mature woman do that? I don't talk baby talk to babies. No, I save it all for cute little puppies and kitties.
5. I exercise three to four times a week. For my health. Cause I can. Use it or lose it type of thing.
6. I am becoming a more versatile cook and baker because of Pinterest. I was becoming tired of the same old thing in the kitchen. Lovin' all the new veggie recipes I've found. Preppin' myself for the harvest in the garden when the time comes.


  7. Nature provides me with balance and a sense of calm. We have a lake out back so the view is gorgeous. And it comes with plenty of wildlife to enjoy. I actually have 3 benches in different spots in the backyard so I have great views from all angles.

And there we have it. Seven things you really didn't need to know about me, but if you read this far...thank you. I hope you weren't too bored.

Now go on out there and blaze your own trail if ya haven't already!

~Cindy~

14 comments:

Bliss said...

Hmmm. I feel a little guilty because I can exercise and don't. Maybe one of the animals I talk too will tell me to get too it!

~Bliss Doolittle~

dr momi said...

Haha who wouldn't talk to that cute puppy in the pic :-)

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Cindy, thank you for the award. My husband is going to check it out and put it on my blog because I don't know how to do that.

Thank you, Thank you!
This made my day.
Blessings and Hugs,
Tricia

Cheryl said...

Great post Cindy and congrats on that award. You are a versatile blogger! Nice pictures, too.
Have fun,
Cheryl

Ngo Family Farm said...

How fun to hear those 7 tidbits about you! Thanks for sharing. You have a beautiful shop and obviously a wonderful sense of style :)
-Jaime

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage/Cabin Creek Designs said...

Okay, now you finally got me going. I've been interested in the Farmgirls for a while. I finally put in my request to join the chat groups just minutes ago. Email me if you want.
Faye

A Few Pennies said...

Cindy; thank you for the award; I will try to figure out how to post it all. And congrats to you also for being Versatile; you have a sweet blog and enjoy your pics!

cynthia lee designs said...

Congrats on the award!! It was great to learn a few more things about you. Yes, I'm a MaryJane Farmgirl...just recently started getting the magazine and I love it.
blessings,
Cindy

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Thanks Cindy for the Versatile Award!!! ~ Am I receiving this because I will post about prims and horror???
Love all your 7 tidbits about yourself ~ always nice to learn something new!
Thanks again!
Prim Blessings
Robin

outjunking said...

Thank you Cindy so much for the award. Fun to learn such interesting things about you. Once I figure out something about myself I will honor this award. I got to look deep, so not to board anyone.
Have a great weekend,
Lisa

The Old Farm Bell said...

Cindy,

What an inspiration you are. Congratulations! on the award. Well, deserved ;o)

Your barn wood designs are great! I'm a huge recycling fan too. All good!

Omg! that puppy is too adorable.
Thanks for sharing.

Have a lovely weekend!

Blessings!
Marlene

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

New friend!! Drop by for a visit with me sometime!! I'd love for you to become a friend too!

momto8 said...

congrats on your award and thanks for the award!! It is nice to know more about a fellow blogger! You are so fortunate to have a lake view!! wow...something my husband and kids dream about..

Debi said...

Cindy, who could be bored dear? I LOVE your blog!! I just found it thanks to Candy at pickin and paintin... I will be back often to check out whats happening in your world. I think, no KNOW I am envious of your homestead, with the lake and all! I live in boonies, and have always wanted a lake close to house, I would even settle for a pond lol.
Hope you have a wonderful blessed day my dear!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...