Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mother Nature Makes Scents


As I was getting dressed this morning, a fresh scent rose up and greeted my nose.
Really, it did. So I had to hold my shirt up to my nose and take a deep breath.
Ahhh...pure heaven. I then remembered that this shirt was put out on the line to dry yesterday.


I could actually smell the fresh, clean spring day we had yesterday on this shirt.
This is a big deal for me. I do love the whole concept of hanging clothes on the line.
But there's more to it. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to smells. The unnatural kind. The toxic kind. 
Candles, perfumes, detergents...most anything that is produced by mankind.


So I do my best to avoid these products, make my own when I can, and live out here in the country on the lake to partner up with Mother Nature. Now just to let ya all know...I do have some outdoor allergies.  
But on the whole, the natural world is good for me. Mother Nature just makes sense (scents). 

~Cindy~

8 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Cindy, Love the pics with the clothes on the line. My favorite to hang on the line is my sheets ~ so love that fresh smell when you go to sleep.
Enjoy your Mother Nature scents!
Their the best anyway!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

I Cindy, I love the outdoor smell also but I am allergic to trees, weeds and grass so don't hang sheets or shirts that I wear out. I didn't have allergys when young so wonder how this happened!!! I love to garden! Nancy

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Yay! You got to post today! I love hanging out clothes when I know that the wind wont blow them off the line and away! (It gets pretty windy here). It is something that makes me happy, and the clothes do smell and feel better. My Mom still hangs out here clothes in town. I am amazed at how many people never do this any more.
Hope you have a nice day!
Blessings,
Susie

Cheryl said...

I also love that fresh outdoor scent from hanging stuff on the line........it just does something for the soul!
Have a "scentsational" day,
Cheryl

Angela said...

I love clothes on the line! It has been ages since I got to sleep on sheets that were dried outside.

tamera-country at heart said...

I too love the smell of fresh sheets that have been hung on the line. Such a sweet smell and comforting to sleep on. I use to hang clothes out all the time, but I don't have the time or even put up a clothes line here at this place. But I still remember that fresh smell though.
Love the pics.
Tamera
Country at heart

Maureen said...

I'm with you! I love hanging my laundry out on the line. Especially when I'm doing a Spring cleaning and I hang out all the bedding and curtains on the line. Yummy!

The Farmer's Daughter said...

LOL! I just posted from my clothesline, too--but it was quilts! I never use the dryer in the summer unless it's absolutely necessary. When we first moved here, hubby wanted to take the clothesline down so he didn't have to mow around it. Guess who won?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...