Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Tornado Time


It should be cold here. There could possibly be snow on the ground.

But, no. It was in the 70's yesterday with tornadoes.
I could not accomplish much at all due to keeping an eye on the news, just in case.
I'm glad I take the weather seriously and went to the basement when alerted.

The tornado hit very close to us. If I was out in our back yard, I would have seen it. The main road was closed due to downed trees and debris. Luckily, no one in our area was seriously hurt.

Now they are saying we may have a repeat performance tomorrow. I hope they are wrong.

Always stay safe,
~Cindy~ 

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glad to hear you and hubby are okay.
Tornado season is too early this year!
Take care and keep safe,
Cheryl

Bliss said...

I had a dream about a tornado the other night. I always go to the basement too. Hope it's a mild year.

~Bliss~

janice15 said...

Glad to hear you are okay...God bless Janice

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage ~ Cabin Creek said...

Glad you are okay, I saw that your area was getting sever weather yesterday. I have a friend in TN and she was also worried about it. I wish the darn tornadoes would just go away for good! We will get ours when it warms up too...I hate them!
Stay safe....

Sall's Country Life said...

that is a scary looking picture, best to be safe in the basement for sure!! Glad your neighborhood survived! I think I'd rather have snow!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

So happy y'all are okay! It is a very scary time with more to come tomorrow. Stay safe...

cynthia lee designs said...

Glad to hear that you were safe. I saw on the news tonight that storms are heading our way tomorrow and that we could get some tornado warnings. Looks like we could spend some time in our basement tomorrow.
blessings,
Cindy

Cheryl said...

Cindy,
It was so sad to learn of all the damage the tornados did in your area...must have been very scary. I'm glad that you were safe.
Cheryl

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Cindy, Glad to hear you are O.K.

Stay Safe!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

The Old Farm Bell said...

Hi! Cindy,

Those nasty tornadoes. We heard on the news of a town in Indiana, being completely destroyed by a recent tornado. Sad! Our hearts and prayers are with all of them. Soooo happy you were safe in your area.

We were hit with a storm too. Just tons of snow. I am grateful for that.

Stay safe! Take care!

Hugs,
Marlene

Maureen said...

I hope you made it through part 2 of the storms. I'm thinking about you.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

WOW. Yes, head to the basement and be safe!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...