Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cottage Love

I've been scheming planning me some cottage love. 
I have some ideas for my own little outbuilding that will overlook my garden and the lake.
Hubby asked to see pictures of what I had in mind. Ummm...it's in my head.
So I started looking online and I found it...my cottage.


Here's another one that represents my style.


Cute, huh?
I'm hoarding saving building materials when I come across them.
My sweet little cottage will have a history all its own.
Barn wood from my sister's barn.
Wood and doors saved from a shed that was torn down.


And shutters. These I found this past weekend at the flea market.
They'll be perfect for a window on each side of the cottage.


And these (sideways) shutters.
(What the heck is wrong with Blogger, anyway? Pffftttt...)
Anyhoo, they are 6 feet tall making them perfect for the front doors.
LOVE THEM!

I found two of these shutters propped up against a truck at the flea market.
I asked the guy 'how much?'. 
His reply 'You can have them. I have two more you can have if you want them'.
Say what!!! Are you sure??? I can't just take them!!!
He said they were given to him when taken down from a pawn shop.
He has used them as tables (on sawhorses) for his flea market items and he doesn't need them anymore.

These are moments that make me want to jump and down and squeal like a kid.
Shutters! Free! History! Yippee!
I did manage to shove some money into his hand before I ran off with took the shutters.
He declined at first, but I thought it was the least I could do for him. Such a sweetie.


My cottage will take some time to materialize. I promised hubby he could have his shed first.
But that is okay...gives me more time to dream, plan, and perfect.

Cottage love to ya all,
~Cindy~

Linked up to White Wednesday!
Check it out!

14 comments:

Maureen said...

OK - so you already live on the water and now you are going to have an awesome cottage? I am sooooo loving your little slice of paradise!

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage ~ Cabin Creek said...

I love them both, maybe the first picture the most. What fun you will have!!! And to find such awesome shutters!!! I remember about 25 years ago my husband burned!!!! the old green shutters from his old farm house. I KNEW he was crazy then, but I married him anyway. This will be so much fun to watch. I can't wait to see you get started on it. What a perfect plan! Have fun dreaming and planning!
xoxo Faye

Cheryl said...

Oh Cindy, what plans and dreams you have! I have a similar dream and hope to do something with it in the future.
I have the little building and just need to redesign it before hubby decides to do something else with it!
Love all those shutters and those pictures are awesome!
Have fun,
Cheryl

outjunking said...

You are a lucky girl. A husband interested in your shed plans and then some fellow wanting to give you big tall wonderful shutters. I know it will be gorgeous.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh how exciting Cindy!!!
I love the pics of the cottages, it will be wonderful!!!
How sweet of that man to offer you the shutter doors for free!
Enjoy finding all the wonderful goodies to add to it!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I would just love a little get a way like those sheds too!

A Cottage Muse said...

Loving your inspiration...can't wait to see what you create!

Sharing Shadymont said...

What a great idea to have a little cottage! I'd love that too! Those shutters are amazing, and the price....free! Can you believe it!

chateau chic said...

Your cottage inspirations are fabulous! Exactly the look I'd go for.
Mary Alice

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

It is so fun designing one! Mine is a "tough shed" and they were able to design a porch and the size windows on wanted. Feel free to come over and check mine out!

cynthia lee designs said...

To have a little cottage in the backyard would be awesome!! What great ideas for your little cottage. Have fun dreaming and planning...I just know it will be wonderful.
hugs,
Cindy

Sharing Shadymont said...

Thanks for your visit, and for following! I'm returning the favor! :)

SwedishCorner-DownUnder...Pernilla said...

So lovely!
I'd like one of those cottages too :)
Visiting from White Wednesday

Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

Bliss said...

I can't wait to see your cottage. I'm really liking how those fronts open with bifold doors, that is awesome. Think I'm gonna pin that idea.

~Bliss~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...