Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Friday, April 13, 2012

Warming Up


TGIF, my blogging friends. And thank goodness the weather is warming up again.
Summer weather hit us here in March and then...
I had to protect these branches the other night due to a freeze warning.


It took me awhile to cover them. Ten sheets in all, 
but it was so worth it even though my fingers were beginning to get a bit numb.


See these blossoms? They are blackberry blossoms. So early this year.
I also have a raspberry patch that needed protecting.


The effort saved them all as it did freeze during the evening and early morning hours.
And now the weather is warming up again. Looking at being in the 80's this weekend. 


I do love my blackberries. And my raspberries. And warm weather.  
What about you? Do you have fruit in your garden?

~Cindy~

8 comments:

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage ~ Cabin Creek said...

We had that too. Mr. Wild helped cover as much as we could. My roses were all leafed out, they should not be this time of year. But after 2 nights of 23 degrees almost everything made it. The flowers totally froze on my Rhododendron and the leaves turned dark. We were really surprised that the rest of the things made it. Now they forecast rain for the next 7 days and possible snow later on...yuck!
Faye

Mindy said...

The 80's?!?! I was excited about hittin' mid 60's this weekend. :) Completely jealous. Oh well, I'll still be out enjoying the dry weather in the yard. Have a good weekend.

outjunking said...

Apples, but there old trees and about done their due. We seem to be ok after the cold snap the other night. I had to dig out another blanket. Not putting it way yet, this happens every year I jump the gun and have to dig out the blankets and the sweaters I just put away.

dr momi said...

You are a good garden mommy! And you must LIKE blackberries. You must have collected sheets just for such a time as this!

Maureen said...

No berries but I have planted some peas, spinach and mesclun. They should be fine but let's see what happens! 80's here too by Monday.

The Old Farm Bell said...

Hi! Cindy,

We don't have anything in this area in bloom :o( Hopefully soon!lol You are sooooo lucky!

Better to be safe than sorry with the protective covering I say. All worth it!

Love the Blackberry blossoms & the greens. Looks amazing!

Have a sunny weekend!

Blessings & Hugs,
Marlene

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I am happy you saved them from the frost! Yes, we have cherries, choke cherries, plums, and crab apple!
Blessings,
Susie

Cheryl said...

I have blackberries, raspberries and elderberries that are growing wild back in the woods. Some are hard to get to but well worth it for the picking!
We will finally be getting warm again too!
Have fun,
Cheryl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...