Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Friday, June 29, 2012

Eat Dessert First


I've had an interesting week...
I'm covered in poison ivy from trying to tame the front yard by the woods,
I put a bad slice in my finger when I was really trying to slice zucchini,
and I have a nasty knot on my head after a window prop fell smack dab on my head while shooting photos for the shop!

It's time for dessert. And chocolate has always been my favorite.

Brings to mind the year when my family had a summer get together, potluck style.
The grilling of the chicken wasn't cooperating and taking way too long.
I couldn't stand it any longer and pulled out the desserts cause we were all hungry.
And we ate dessert first.


In life...it's okay to eat dessert first.
In fact, it's kind of fun.
Do the unexpected and enjoy yourself while ya can!
I'm eating chocolate.

Have a sweet weekend!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Cat Haven Crafts said...

Oh ouch and itch! What a week. Hope the next few days are much better!

Ceekay-Thinkin of Home/Doublewide Decor said...

Goodness girl...you need a vacay!!

cynthia lee designs said...

I feel your pain...I hit my head when we were working in the kitchen. And I had poison ivy last month. And I just ate m&m's for my lunch!!
Hope you have a great weekend.
hugs,
Cindy

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Oh Boy!!! That must be awful!
Yes, Eat Dessert First!!! Sometimes we all have days like that, except,no poison ivy!!
deb

Cheryl said...

So sorry to hear about your bad luck! That chocolate will help a lot. I had dessert before my dinner tonight. Couldn't help it......homemade elderberry pie! I feel better.
Cheryl

sweetvintageofmine said...

GO AHEAD and INDULGE (over & over) YOU DESERVE IT! Next week will be the TOTAL opposite...From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

outjunking said...

Be careful in this heat we are having while your working on the yard, that could be another cause for concern. Rest, take care and eat more dessert.

Maureen said...

Oy...not a good week! I've been laid up myself - I sprained my ankle and the inactivity is making me CRAZY!

Chicken Wrangler said...

Hope you have a relaxing weekend - sounds like this week has been a real winner for you!!!

The Farmer's Daughter said...

Great advise! Now, where's that chocolate bar I had stashed. . .LOL

blhitchcock901 said...

I'm loving your blog. I stumbled upon you and now am a follower. Hope you will follow me also.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...