Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Thursday, June 7, 2012

It's A Dirty Job

Didn't want to, but I needed to.
For my sanity, catch up, and a few other reasons...I've temporarily closed our Old Time Pickers shop.
So besides being on the road off and on, I'm on clean-up detail.
It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

SUPERVISOR

Most of the treasures we find for the shop have years worth of dirt and neglect.
That's what happens when they have been tossed in barns, basements, and sheds.

NICE VIEW

Now there are many shops out there that sell their items as is...dirt and all.
I can't do that! Not the way I want to do business. 
So out comes the hose, bucket with Murphy Oil Soap, rags & brushes, and the good old sunshine. 

DRYING IN THE SUN

Everything gets a quick scrub, fresh air, and sunshine.
They may not be perfect, but they are presentable and ready to be adopted!

YUCK

All our clients are pleased with what they get. And this is what I get...broken and chipped nails, dirty hands, and grease under the fingernails that will not go away for days. Good trade off!

Photobucket

7 comments:

The Farmer's Daughter said...

Cindy-I totally understand that dirty job! Most people don't realize all the time and effort that goes into salvaging and cleaning pickin's before they see them. You do a great job. Your items always look so good. I'll be looking forward to seeing what new things you'll have in the shop--once you've had a little time to catch up. Get some rest, too!
Dru

Maureen said...

I soooo know what you're talking about. At least at this time of year we can take the stuff outside and hose it down. I even do it to furniture....the sun is key!

Cheryl said...

I know what you mean about the dirt and it does take time to get things cleaned and/or refurbished to sell. Looks like you are keeping busy!
Have fun,
Cheryl

outjunking said...

I hear you and share the broke and dirty nails. The digging is the fun part the cleaning is the work but buying the dirty is one way I keep my cost down. Plus I just like the rusty crusty stuff better.

The Old Farm Bell said...

Hi! Cindy,

Yes! the work can be messy & soooo worth it!

My secret for the dirt under the nails.....Crabtree & Evelyns gardeners soap. Great for all pickers & gardeners. I scratch the surface of the soap to get under my nails & after the work is done....wash away...for an easy nail cleaning. Voila! Works great ;o)It just won't fix broken nails lol.

The summer is perfect for drying all those "tresors" outdoors. Your doing a fabulous job!

Have a sunny week!

Blessings & Hugs,
Marlene

Bliss said...

Pretty fingernails are overrated.

~Bliss~

Nancy said...

I know what you mean. I am trying to bring go to church gloves back in style :-0

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...