Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Are Your Feet Serious About Pickin'?


When it comes to pickin', your feet are probably the last thing ya think about. And really, your feet may be one of the first things you need to consider. I love wearing my flip flops around the old homestead, but they are not meant for pickin'.


No, these are not my feet. My toes are camera shy. My toes and I took a vote and it was 10 to 1 so no photo of my feet. Anyhoo...when you are pickin', you will be on your feet a lot. You want and need comfort. There's also a safety issue. Ya don't want to head into a barn with flip flops or flimsy shoes. Just sayin'. 


My favorite pickin' footwear is heavier athletic shoes or what I call 'my clod hoppers'.


And ya need boots to fight off the rain and mud. 


Many a time, I take along an extra pair of shoes. Always be prepared...the pickers' motto. Or is that the boy scouts? Or is it the girl scouts? Pffftttt...it's the pickers' motto now.


Now hold up your right hand and repeat after me...

Photobucket

7 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

You're so right about that! Wait til you see the crazy line at a recent rummage sale I went to! Check out my latest post.

sweetvintageofmine said...

Gotta take care of those FEET! Funny but true! from one sweetie to another...Roxie

cynthia lee designs said...

I always wear my tennis shoes when I go pickin'...never thought about taking my boots, but I will now.
Cindy

Cat Haven Crafts said...

You are definitely on the money here ... always be comfortable (and safe, yes, safety is my "other" job) when pickin!

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

I must confess - I slip on shoes as I go out - not the best for coverage - but most comfortable - when seriously out 'pickin' I put on great shoes - most of the time my feet like to be bare!
Hugs,
Kathy

The Old Farm Bell said...

Hi! Cindy,

I soooo agree! Having comfy footwear when pickin is a must. On one occasion, I went hunting for treasures with sandles(flats)...big mistake.lol

Needless to say, I did not do that again ;o)I have a pair of "Pickin" tracks just for that purpose.

Thanks! for sharing. Have a great week!

Blessings & Hugs,
Marlene

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Great Advice!!!!
But sometimes in this heat ~ I have to have my flip flops!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...