Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Seven Pounds

Did I lose seven pounds? No...I wish!
Did I gain seven pounds? No...thank goodness!
But I did gather seven pounds...seven pounds of Roma tomatoes!

Now I didn't take a picture of them, but that is a decent amount.
Want to know what seven pounds looks like after cooking it down?


There ya have it...two small containers of tomato sauce. LOL!
This is the results after a few hot hours in the kitchen.
This is my simple life!?! Yep, and I'm willing to do it all over again.

Need to get back in the kitchen. I hear some peppers callin' my name.

(Oh, does anyone know why blogger keeps putting white spaces in my posts?)
Looks weird!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

That sauce looks good! I do not have any red tomatoes yet but have fried up some nice green ones! Can't help you with your blogger issue being that I don't have a blog!!
Keep havin fun in the kitchen,
Cheryl

Loretta said...

Hi Cindy, I went and looked it up today and it is a problem they know about and, working on it! Hopefully they will have it fixed soon! You are such a busy bee...love homemade tomato sauce!
Hugs

The Farmer's Daughter said...

Can't count it as time wasted when homemade tomato sauce tastes so good and is so good for you. Looks delicious!

Maureen said...

Oh yummy! I sure reduces down a bunch!

cynthia lee designs said...

Your sauce looks so good and I'm sure it's yummy. Nothing like homemade tomato sauce!
Can't help with the blog problem since I have a wordpress blog, but I did see the same thing on some other blogs that I follow.
hugs,
Cindy

Jann Olson said...

Sorry, can't help with the white spaces, but your sauce looks delish. My tomatoes are just now starting to ripen. Can't wait! I too love to do a bit of canning. Hey, been meaning to ask you, I'm sure you knew Jan from Southern Junkin. I no longer see her on blogger and she has not done a post in ages. I hope nothing has happened to her. Any idea?
Hugs,
Jann

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Ooh, that sauce looks good! Our yard is too shady for a garden...and I sure do miss it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...