Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Barefootin'


Went out to the garden first thing this morning.
My broken toe is feeling much better, but it was hard to walk in my flip flops.
So I kicked them off and went barefoot in the garden.


It felt wonderful. The grass and pathways were heavily drenched in dew. 
Ahhh...so refreshing.
I've read that it is healthy to go barefoot. I don't know about that, but I sure felt better.


This is some of my spearmint that I planted beside my bench. 
I can easily lean over and run my hands through it to catch its fragrance.
As I munch on a spearmint leaf, I feel such appreciation for all the simple pleasures my garden provides.  

Photobucket

4 comments:

cynthia lee designs said...

I like going Barefootin' too!!

The Old Farm Bell said...

Hi! Cindy,

There is nothing like going barefoot in the grass or at the beach with the soft sand between your toes. Love it! Sooooo natural!

I have a large ceramic pot on the patio with fresh French parsley, chives, chocolate peppermint & spearmint. It does smell wonderful when running your hands through it. Taste great too :oD Our cat loves the smell...especially lavender(also have some on that on the patio) lol.

Thanks! for sharing. Have a beautiful week!

Blessings & Hugs,
Marlene

Mary said...

That's a welcome barefoot time...feel better toe..M

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage ~ Cabin Creek said...

Oh how I long for the days of having a veggie garden again. I plan to have a huge one out west...if I ever really end up out there while I'm still alive!!! LOL! I always go barefoot...all my life, I can't stand wearing shoes and I have no foot problems at all. I think it's healthy! I can almost smell the mint!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...