Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Friday, August 31, 2012

Fast, Easy, and Good!

Yippee! I can now add photos to my blog.
Did nothing...just had to wait it out.

We had a birthday celebration this week.
Besides choosing what to eat for dinner, the birthday person always chooses their dessert.
The birthday guy always chooses cheesecake. Every year. Cheesecake.


But this year was different. He wanted my 'famous blackberry crisp' with homemade ice cream on top.
I call it my 'famous blackberry crisp' because it is fast, easy, and tastes amazingly good.
That makes it famous, doesn't it?
I also have a recipe for my famous pickles, but that's another story.


Famous Blackberry Crisp

2 1/2 cups Blackberries (or you can use raspberries)
1 Heaping Tablespoon Cornstarch
2/3 Cups Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/3 Cup Oats
Dash of Salt
1 Stick of Butter, cut into small pieces

Preheat oven  to 350 degrees. Combine first four ingredients and set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine the rest of ingredients. Cut with a pastry cutter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Add berry mixture to a 2 quart baking dish (that is sprayed with oil). Sprinkle topping mixture on top of berries. Bake 30 minutes and enjoy!
(This recipe is my version of the one by The Pioneer Woman)


What is really great about this dessert is that the blackberries are straight out of my garden.
And my homemade ice cream...can't get any better than that!

Joining in on the fun over at...


Photobucket

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing your "famous blackberry crisp"recipe.
Looks very yummy! Will be trying it, too.
Have fun,
Cheryl

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for sharing this recipe...sounds so yummy. I must admit that I have cheesecake every year for my birthday too. Our anniversary is this weekend and we are going out to dinner and then getting....yep, cheesecake!!
Have a great holiday weekend.
hugs,
Cindy

Maureen said...

You are really on the ball! Your own ice cream? Really?

earlene said...

Cindy that looks so good! Easy recipe.I like easy.

Jann Olson said...

Nope, can't get any better than that! Sounds so yummy. I have some blackberries that a friend gave me last year. Was going to make jam. Didn't get it made so I threw them in the freezer. Saw them the other day. Wonder if they would be okay to use? I picked a bunch of cucs in the garden today. Thinking I might make Bread and Butter pickles. Would love to hear about your recipe.
Hugs,
Jann

The Farmer's Daughter said...

Hi Cindy!
I've made apple crisp but never thought about using the recipe for berries--and I LOVE blackberries! I have some in the freezer, so I may try out your recipe on John this week! Looks delicious!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Cindy, That sounds so good! I love the fact you have fresh blueberries in your yard! And home made ice cream, I bet this is so yummy. I am hungry! Happy birthday, to your family member! I will save this recipe!
Blessings,
Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...