Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Friday, August 10, 2012

Love in 1896

Letters from 1896.
Love letters.


Nelson loves Susie.
He writes...'I am certainly very proud of you - your beautiful bravery and courage with absolutely no surrender about you.'


And Susie loves Nelson.
She writes...'I shall miss you dreadfully. I never have missed you so.'


Nelson is an attorney and writes of his cases.
He signs his letters...'Your Nelson'.


Susie writes of visitors and commitments within the community.
She signs her letters...'I am your Susie'.

Love in 1896.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Maureen said...

How sweet!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

So cool that you have found those Love letters! Such a wonderful treasure ~ love the writing!
Thanks for sharing!
Prim Blessings
Robin

cynthia lee designs said...

What a great tresure you have. Love the way they wrote letters back then.
Have a great weekend.
hugs,
Cindy

outjunking said...

Now these I really like. I wish we were so romantic today.

The Old Farm Bell said...

Hi! Cindy,

Ahhhh! the romance. Sooo sweet how they expressed themselves in those letters. Love it!

Those are lovely finds. It is such a pleasure to read & see the penmanship of that period. Great stuff!

Thanks! for sharing. Have a sunny weekend!

Blessings & Hugs,
Marlene

The Farmer's Daughter said...

What treasures! My heart melted and they weren't even for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...