Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Friday, September 28, 2012

Two Little Apples

'Way up high in a apple tree 
Two little apples smiled at me 
I shook that tree as hard as I could
Down came the apples,
Mmmm--were they good!'
Sorry. Couldn't help myself. 
A former preschool and kindergarten teacher will do that.


I canned applesauce, but not from two apples. Seventy apples. No apple peeler (now on my Christmas list).
Nothing is better than throwing some apples into a crock pot, sprinkling with cinnamon, 
and setting it on low for a few hours until it is the right consistency. 
Oh and the house smells so divine!
Gotta go...I've got some applesauce that's calling my name.

Hope ya have a pickin' cool weekend!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Loretta said...

Love the song Cindy, at least I did it as a song(I'm a former per-school teacher too, therefore the song)
Lol. That jar sure looks good! I would love to be visiting you now to smell the nice aroma of apples, Mmmmm!
Have a very pleasant fall weekend!
Hugs,
Loretta

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Yum ~ homemade applesauce!!!
I bet it smells good!
Enjoy your weekend!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Primsue said...

Homemade applesauce sounds yummy. I can almost smell it cooking.
Fall blessings,
Sue

The Farmer's Daughter said...

I can almost taste it! Yumm...........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...