Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Screen Thingy

I recently shared my kitchen and I had a lot of comments on this screen thingy.
That's what I call it. LOL!


I don't know what it is or its intended use.
I found three of them on a pickin' trip.
I kept one and listed two in my shop.


One sold to a business that wanted to use it as a display piece.
I think it makes an interesting display piece for the home.


Use to hang herbs, to display photos, to hang jewelry, or as an organizational piece for the craft room.
I think it's pickin' cool and the possibilities are endless.
What would you do with it?

Photobucket

13 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh how funny, that was my favorite thing too. Great minds think alike. :o) I love it.

ImSoVintage said...

I love it, too. I really like how you have used it. It looks great. :)

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I was one of the ones who commented on it! I really love it. I'd use it for herbs as well and books. Basically how you use it!

Maureen said...

They are cool and make great display pieces. On the practical side it could be used to screen homemade compost to get rid of twigs and stones.

Faye said...

I like how you have used it. I'm curious as to what it really was intended for!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Cool piece and very interesting at the same time.
I like what you've done with it!
TFS
Prim Blessings
Robin

cynthia lee designs said...

Love it!! I really like how you have displayed yours. I can also see it making a great display piece for a shop too.
~Cindy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

it sure is a cool thingy. I think I would hang earrings...Or like you did my favorite recipe book.

Carol

The Farmer's Daughter said...

I thought it was the cutest idea! Don't know what it's original use was either. Maybe a tray of some kind? Anyway, it's perfect in your kitchen, over "my Mom's" wash stand! LOL

Pam @ 52apothecaryshop said...

Hi Cindy, Love this piece. A true vintage tresor! Love how you are using it, I would have done the same, it makes such a statement! I am now following this blog too, your blogs are all great! xo's Pam

20 North Ora said...

Love it hanging on the wall. Is it strong enough to keep cookbooks in?

Judy

Julie Marie@Idyllhours said...

Hi again Cindy, that is an old soil sifter you have there... I love how you are using it... I would probably use it in my garden maybe to sift rocks and stuff still... or maybe lay it down flat inside to dry my roses in... it's cool just all by itself!... xoxo Julie Marie

Art and Sand said...

I love your "screen thing". I have an old frame with string crisscrossing it (definitely didn't explain that well) and I think it would work if I put screen in it. Another idea to add to my long list.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...