Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Too Late

Morning!
Sometimes, I've discovered that I need to move a little faster.
I really liked this metal tote when I found it at a flea market.
See where someone wrote on it in yellow? It had its own little unspoken story.
That intrigued me for some reason.


Of course I brought it home with me and listed it in the shop.
It's been in the shop since spring. 
I really thought someone would snatch it up quickly, but that did not happen.

So it's been on my mind lately.
It would look great on my kitchen table.
I had recently replaced a doily with a feed sack and that table was just calling out for the metal tote.
I decided the tote was going to be all mine.

But I was too late.
Someone bought it that same day. This past Saturday.
I'm sure it is going to a good home, to someone who will appreciate it.
Me...I'm on the hunt to figure out what I want to put on that kitchen table.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Isn't that always the way things happen!

Cheryl said...

Darn.......all the more reason to go on a pickin' journey!
Have fun,
Cheryl

cynthia lee designs said...

I've had that happen to me before. Happy hunting for something to put on your kitchen table. I just know it will be awesome when you find it!!
~Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...