Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Sunday, November 4, 2012

I'm Feeling It

I spent yesterday raking and burning leaves.
You might think that from the above title that I'm tired and sore.
I'm not.

(me with my cousin)

The coming of the holidays creates a stirring within me.
Family. It's all about family.
I do not have my loved ones near.
I want them near year round.
They are all spread out in OH, PA, and FL.
Hubby and I are in KY.

(me with family and friends)

I do have one sister and her family in KY.
But they do not live down the street.
I would love to be able to hop in the truck and get her for a day of fun.
On impulse.
Or how about canning goods together from the garden harvest?
Oh, how I wish!

(family get together with my grandmother in the middle)

Growing up as a child, I was surrounded by grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Heck, we lived on the same street. 
Grandparents in one house, us in another, and a few more houses held the rest of family.
Close. Real close. Always together.

(me on the right with my cousins and holding my sister)

They were a part of my everyday existence and their influence made me who I am today.
I miss that now. Today I'm feeling it.
I want a farmhouse filled with family.

Photobucket

6 comments:

cynthia lee designs said...

It can be hard when our family isn't close by. We have my family near us, but my hubby's live in a different part of Ohio than us and some live in Tennessee.
~Cindy

Faye said...

I can relate to that! All my relatives are gone...passed away, if that isn't a weird feeling! I'm it...the last one.

The Farmer's Daughter said...

Well, I'm feeling it, too! Holidays coming always bring so many good memories. I feel sorry sometimes for the young ones coming up who will never know what it's like to have family close by. It's a different world these days.
Love all the photos! I can see the love in them!
Sending you hugs!
Dru

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Aww, so sweet. I hope you get to spend time with some of them this holiday season. I love your photos by the way :)

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Me, too! I love family. Not as easy to get together anymore, but when we do, it is fantastic! Love your pictures so much. Very happy feeling.
Blessings,
Susie

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Enjoyed your photos. Your family pics reminded me of good times past in my family. This time of year I get to thinking about everything from when my kids were little, to missing family members who have passed. It was cool (40's) and cloudy and damp here today. Made me think of Thanksgivings past. It seems that there are many people feeling the same way this week. I wonder if in twenty years I'll be thinking of today with nostalgia.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...