Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Photo Break


Did I tell you that I bought a new camera?
This past spring.
Did I tell you that I can't operate it very well?
My photos suck.


While working outside, I decided to take a photo break.
Nature inspired photos.
There are so many camera settings it can be quite overwhelming.
So I fiddled with the settings.


And I fiddled with them some more.
I'm getting there, but still have a long way to go.
How about you?
Are you happy with your camera and your photos?

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jann said...

I have a Cannon and I wish I knew how to use it better. Have not had it for a long time but learning. There is a very good Tute of Pinterest. Love your blog...so refreshing and nice...TFS

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I think that first photo is great! I love how the pinecones are in focus and the background is a little blurry.

I have a Nikon D3100 and I absolutely love it. But I don't know much about it yet! I'm still learning more all the time. I don't know if I'll ever master it.

Maureen said...

Your pics look good to me.

For me it's the 'old dogs..new tricks' thing. And it wouldn't hurt if I read the manual. lol.

Julie Marie@Idyllhours said...

Hi there... I have been using my little Canon point and shoot camera for the entire time I have been blogging, and I always use manual and just mess around until I get a photo I like... three of mine have been in magazines... for which I am grateful!... I don't want to mess with a bunch of settings on a big bulky camera... I will stick with my little Canon!... xoxo Julie Marie

20 North Ora said...

I think your photos are beautiful! I have a new Canon EOS and Brenda (Cozy Little House) has been helping me work with it. She never goes on Manual - always Auto. She had an interesting post today on her Cozy Inspirations Blog about photography.

But, I think you are doing great!

Judy

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Your pictures look great! Love the theme too. Our camera made pictures that looked like blinds had been drawn across them...yup, time for a new camera. We got a Kodak Easyshare--it does great on up close shots, was easy to use (I always need that!), AND it was on sale (definitely sweetened the decision). My pictures have been so much better. I loved my old one but am now glad for the change. Good luck with yours! ; )
~Michele

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...