Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Monday, November 19, 2012

Shoppin'


I'm a gal who hates to shop.
And the shoppin' season is upon us.
So will I shop the big stores? No, thank you. 


I like to pick...give me a barn or shed, give me an old shop, or give me an auction.
That's where I like to spend my time.

I believe in less is more and what I do have is from very frugal finds that have a story.


I'll be thinking of those out there fighting the crowds in the big stores this weekend while 
I wander out myself to find an old shop or two so I can have a pickin' cool time. Good luck to us all.

Ad from the Woman's Home Companion, September 1941.

Have a good Monday morning!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I will not be out shopping for black Friday. I do not like the crowds at Christmas time. I love people, just not at stores. i like to make some of my own gifts, so that will keep me home more. Have fun out at the auctions and the old shops! Sounds wonderful!
Blessings,
Susie

Faye said...

Ditto! Me too, I stay far, far away from that insanity.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I agree with you on this one! My husband heard on the news that people started lining up last week for Black Friday! So crazy.

Primitive Stars said...

I'm with you on that crazy shopping thing for sure......no big crowds in big stores, oh no.........Wishing you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving....Blessings Francine.

Maureen said...

I knew I liked you for a reason - we are birds of a feather.. I despise shopping too. Give me a barn and I'm all in!

Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

cynthia lee designs said...

I won't be out shopping this weekend...I'll be at my 3 day Christmas show. Well, I might do some shopping at the show. :)
~Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...