Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Friday, November 9, 2012

Who Greets You?


When you arrive home, who is there to greet you?


Roo was the first to greet me today when I arrived home from getting groceries.
Isn't he handsome? And he's very friendly and enjoys my company.

Roo is not mine. I do not have chickens. I do not have a rooster. At least I didn't think I did.
He showed up weeks ago and is not interested in going back home.
I don't feed him, but he does spend his days chasing down the bugs in our yard.  
He drinks from a neighbor's bird bath and eats their birdseed.  

For now, he appears to be content with his life. 
It's his story and I'm just one of the characters in it.
Of course, he's the main character.
I don't now what the future holds for him. Or us.
I guess I'll have to wait for the next chapter to be written.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Our Neck of the Woods said...

What a gorgeous photo! He is very handsome. I love the story. So crazy that he just showed up one day!

sweetvintageofmine said...

Roo is pretty cool! Funny how he adopted you.....he knows a doodle of a picker when he sees one! Roxie

cynthia lee designs said...

He sure is a handsome fellow!!
Sounds like he thinks that grass is greener at your house. Thinking he might have adopted you.
~Cindy

Loretta said...

You never know what the future holds for the two of you...maybe he does and waiting for you to catch up! Lol! Thanks for sharing, it made my day!
Hugs

Maureen said...

Oh my! Are you blessed with his morning wake up calls? A hen would work much better for me.

Primitive Stars said...

Evening, found your wonderful blog, enjoyed......great looking Rooster, hope he stays safe..... Roo adopted you!!!!! Blessings Francine.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Roo is so handsome, and a real poser for pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing more posts about you and Roo.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Roo is a beauty. sometimes, there is more than one rooster in a flock, and the Alpha Rooster will not tolerate another and chases them off. He is probably looking for a new home.
Hugs,
Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...