Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Monday, April 15, 2013

Hit or Miss


When you go pickin', it can be a hit or miss adventure. Ya never know.
Fortunately, this weekend was a hit.
Here's a peek...


And a little closer...


Fun stuff...


All for the shop...


Except for that big, beautiful, blue bottle in the crate.
I'm not keeping it for myself. It will be a gift.
You may call me crazy, but my granddaughter will be turning 1 next month.
I've been looking for a special bank for her before she was even born.
This will be perfect to house the change we give her.

She will have her first vintage piece.
I know I'd be thrilled if someone gave one to me for my birthday.
Wouldn't you want one?

Photobucket

10 comments:

afistfullofweeds* said...

Iam loving that 3 drawer metal box...How much will it be???

Our Neck of the Woods said...

You really did hit the jackpot this weekend! Such great finds. And I love the idea of starting a bank in that blue bottle. So sweet that it will be her first vintage piece :)

Liz said...

Lots of neat things in the back of that truck! Great idea for the granddaughter!

cynthia lee designs said...

Cindy...that is one big awesome blue bottle!! What a great find and a great idea for your granddaughter!!
hugs,
Cindy

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Of course I'd want one!!! What a wonderful gift!
I gave my Grandkids all a gallon jar that I etched their names on for a bank.
I really love the metal box with drawers!
TFS
Prim Blessings
Robin

Maureen said...

Now that's some 'fine' pickin! I think that it's a great idea to use the bottle as a bank and I like Robin's idea of etching names on them.

DownTheLaneWithDaisy said...

The jar is a great idea for memories and savings.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Cindy, You sure found some great treasures on your pickin. Love the bank for your grand. The metal box is awesome too.

Have fun.
Hugs, CM

Milo Nerak said...

I like the chalkboard erasers. Very nice post.

Donna




http://www.TheWaywardGifted.blogspot.com

A Primitive Homestead said...

The bottle brings back memories of my children putting daddy's change in the bottle. At the time my Lucas was the height of the bottle. All smiles he was looking in the hole after the change dropped. We purchased the bottle at an auction. The day we emptied it oh what a chore it was. It will be a wonderful bank for your grandchild. Blessings! Lara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...