Decor & Design from Pickin' Cool Finds
Pickin' the Good Life...Vintage Style, Farmhouse Decor, Homespun Simplicity, & Country Charm

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Odds & Ends and Good Junk


Have you ever found an old junk shop unexpectedly?
A shop with odds & ends and good junk?


It happened to us yesterday when leaving a flea market.
It's a flea market that is only held twice a year.
We found some great items there for the shop. And for me, of course.


When leaving the flea market, we decided to go a different route home.
So glad we did as we spotted some rustic junk scattered all about this wonderful small shop just down the road from the flea market.

You might know the kind of shop...
really tight spaces, you have to dig through it all, and you come out filthy when you're done.


And it is all so worth every minute of it.
We also had a good time talking with Frank, the owner. He's quite a character.
I know I'll be going back again to dig and find more good junk. 
In Frank's words...'Odds & Ends and Good Junk' to describe his shop.

Here's hoping you had a wonderful, long weekend and that you had a chance to go pickin', too. Till next time, have a good one!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Nothing more thrilling than finding buried junk...and good stuff!! Congrats!

Faye said...

Awesome finds! Isn't it just too much fun!!! Or am I just extremely addicted!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Looks like you got some awesome items! Love that wooden display shelf in the last photo. I do love a good find! :)

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I love to find those kind of shops when out riding the back roads!!!
Once again you found some wonderful treasures that caught my eye!!!
That birdbath in the first pic ~ I have one like that in my bathroom!
Thanks for sharing ~ love to see what you all find!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Maureen said...

Good junk girl! It a re\are thing for me to find good junking spots out of the blue but when it happens...yahoo!

cynthia lee designs said...

Great finds!!

The Farmers Daughter said...

My kind of place! I'm sure you'll return for more again and again! Don't you love it?
Hugs,
Dru

Little Susie Home Maker said...

That sure does sound fun!! I need a good excursion to go find some good junk and just have some fun!
Blessings,
Susie

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Great finds. Doesn't it feel great to come across such nice old treasures..

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I would love to find a shop like that!! Looks like great pickin!

Carol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...